Some minor, but big changes coming to the video upload page very soon.
Adding a thumbnail selector option - in case you want to have your own thumbnail show for the video instead of the Breach generated thumbnails, this will allow you pick a image.
Scheduled Release - This 1.2 concept is becoming a reality. A simple picker to select the date AND time you want your video to release - videos that have scheduled releases will not be viewable or show in results prior to its release.
Unlisted Privacy - For those of you who want to make a video exclusive, but not to the point of requiring a viewer be a subscriber to your Breach channel, we've added this option that will post the video publicly, but does not list it in any breach search, list or home pages. Perfect for Patreon exclusive content!
We'd like to thank the people who've contributed ideas and requests for improvements. We're happy to take on the challenges of making Breach YOUR platform.
We have completed our testing with the stats update and have implemented the code update to our administrative tools. Unfortunately, with the current log and outside validation, it has been determined that this process will not be able to be run more than once daily. We have, however, scheduled automated tasks to run this every night, just after midnight Central time (US). Your current stats are now up to date as of midnight July 10, 2018.
We've implemented a workaround to the bug we discovered in the automatic play updates on your video pages, which is also included in the daily update.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for holding up stats for a few days while we worked through getting our processes and post-process auditing closer in line with our actual stats representation
We're busy working on getting your stats updates turned back on. We've identified a few things that will be implemented in this stats update to better reflect accurate play counts based on our logging and external site monitoring tools.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience the lack of reporting has caused. We anticipate having the stats update pushed out later today. For now, it will run once daily as we will need to gauge performance of the new log reader and imports. As performance dictates, we'll increase the frequency of how often these run. Please note, there is an additional bug that can cause a minor discrepancy between the play counts you see on your video's page and the actual, registered play counts. We've seen this to be no more than a 5% discrepancy and have set an alert to monitor any account that goes over this discrepancy, however, we are not anticipating that any accounts are going to be in this alert threshold. We have contacted our back-end software developer for some research into this issue.
Thanks again for your continued support!
Given the results of a site audit performed last week, we have suspended the current play count/revenue automation for the time being. Rest assured, the bulk of the play counts from last month were indeed accurate, but there was one account in particular, which has since been banned and their content deleted from the site, that had a nearly 90% difference in their registered play count in the revenue tables and their actual, audited play counts.
Rest assured, we take fraud seriously, and this user has had their income privileges revoked and will not receive payment for the previous month's revenue because of their actions. We have some remediation efforts under way to help prevent this type of fraud from occurring in the future, and are working diligently to rectify this issue so that our users can have near-time or close to real-time data reporting.
Thanks again wave makers, for your continued support.
Breach Media Services
Here’s the highlights of the upcoming 1.2 deployment of Breach TV
• Fix the ad overlay when ad is not presented to allow interaction with the player during video playback
• Fix the homepage player sizing issue to static size so additional content can be played
Breach Pro (Networks)
• Users will be able to apply to networks directly from their account management portal pages
• Networks will be able to recruit channels from their network management pages
• Networks will have a marketplace approach where their general attributes, ranking and reviews will be available to the entirety of the Breach platform
• Networks will gain a new adtag specific to their network which will allow them to sell advertisement inventory directly with the Breach ad marketplace as a reserve inventory fulfillment center.
• Networks will have access to the Breach Slack Team with their own dedicated channel.
Breach Splash Integration
• Users will be able to specify which videos they want to be made splash-only. Splash will be Breach’s crowdsourcing product and will allow Breach Creators the ability to earn additional donation income from their fans directly without the need of a third-party website.
• Breach will handle all the subscription details – renewals, credit card processing, etc. will all be handled via Breach and shown via the user’s account management panel.
• Video thumbnails for splash-only content will get an additional watermark indicating they are user-donation supported and will not have any advertisements pre-or post-roll.
Breach Live integration
• Users will now be able to stream live from their Breach account. Live streaming videos will start out being streams only, without any ad placement. An integrated chat window will come with this release. Video on Demand viewing and ad placement are expected in the 1.3 release.
• Live streams can also be set to Splash user integration only for a truly unique experience with a creator and their fans.
Breach Merch integration
• Breach has partnered with Merchcast, to give all our creators an integrated studio to sell branded merch through the Breach platform.
• Merch sales totals will be viewable as a separate payline in the user’s account management portal.
Enabled https for all environments
• Security and namely, account security is always a priority with us. As we’ve started to grow, we’ve start integrating secure browsing for all Breach Media Sites. With this update, both breach.tv and breach.live will be https enabled and enforced.
• We’ve heard your request to fix the coloration of the “My Quick Jumps” menu on your profile page, and that will get corrected to match the user drop down list in this update.
• We’re enhancing the video upload page with an additional feature outside of the splash integration. With the 1.2 update, users will now be able to schedule a video release (for both splash and non-splash enabled content) in the future. If you’re going away for a time, this new feature will allow to keep your content fresh while you are away.
As always, all the non-network features will be available to all creators from day one, play one. Networks must register their network with Breach and accept the network agreement prior to being live in the marketplace. Breach Pro will not be a free service, and is not recommended for any user that is not prepared to manage selling their own inventory and perhaps another user’s inventory. It is a minimum recommendation that a network has the capacity to sell and display no less than 50,000 preroll ads per month to have a successful campaign. There will be more details in this in the release discussion in June.
Thanks to all of those who have been early adopters to Breach, and let’s go make some new waves!
CEO & Technical Director of Breach Media Services